Pistols are the only secondary weapons in Combat Arms. They are characterized by their slow rate of fire, high portability and low damage (with the exception of the Anaconda and Desert Eagle series), fast draw and reload speed, and cheap cost.
Pistols are best known for their portability, and cost approximately one third as much as regular primary weapons. All pistols have a relatively low magazine count, and as such, are advised for usage only at close range when the primary weapon magazine is empty. Due to weapon balancing, all pistols, with the exception of the G18 and a few other pistols, are capable of only semi-automatic or very slow automatic fire. Exceptions include the more recently released G18 Cobra/Carbon Black/Chrome and the Bushmaster Type 97, which are fast-firing fully automatic pistols, as well as the Beretta 93R, which has burst fire like the G18. Pistols usually have faster draw speeds and reload times, allowing a faster option than reloading a Primary Weapon.
Pistols are rarely used in the all permitted weapon mode. A large majority of players don't use a pistol at all, instead opting to switch to another primary weapon in their backpack or to wait for their weapon to reload. However, pistols, when used correctly, can be highly effective at close range, especially against stationary targets. Some players use either a Desert Eagle or Anaconda to finish off wounded opponents.
A game mode weapon restriction called "Pistols Only", in which only weapons classified as pistols and melee weapons can be used, can be set by the Room Master. Since pistols do not drop upon death, ammunition can become a prevalent problem in this mode. For this reason, experienced players often equip 2 or more pistols in their backpacks for a match. Commonly played maps include Junk Flea and Death Room, while the most popular modes are Elimination and One Man Army. Some players and clans specialize in this weapon mode.
Many techniques can be used to improve pistol technique in Pistols Only matches:
- Carrying at least two pistols is paramount to achieving pistol kills. Players will find it hard to achieve more than 3 or 4 kills with pistols without a backup sidearm equipped in the backpack. Even then, it can be hard to achieve higher accolades. Some players carry up to 4 pistols, allowing them to attain accolades such as fantastics and unbelievables without running out of ammunition or having to spend time reloading.
- Due to the speed of recoil settling, lack of accuracy difference between crouch-moving and walking, and difficulty of hitting moving targets with pistols, strafing is a highly effective tactic in Combat Arms. To do this, switch between moving left and right at irregular intervals. If attempting to reach a location, forward and backward movement can be added to this routine. Strafing throws an opponent's aim off, while allowing a player to fire with relative accuracy.
- Jumping, or "Bunny Hopping", is also a possibility when in a firefight. Jumping makes it extremely hard for enemies to track a player. However, this also drastically affects the user's accuracy, and is therefore recommended only for use when finishing off a near-dead opponent, or when attempting to avoid as much damage as possible.
- All pistols have a similar draw and reload animation except for those belonging to the Anaconda revolver series and the Desert Eagle SE/American Eagle.
- Pistols have a tendency to jam when a player fires their pistol too fast while lagging. This jam prevents the pistol from being used for a fraction of a second, costing valuable time on the battlefield. Firing slower, or using a pistol with a slow ROF such as the Anaconda Black or an automatic pistol such as the Desert Eagle, can help to resolve the problem.
|Damage||Accuracy||Rate of Fire||Portability||Recoil||1 Day||7 Days||30 Days||90 Days||Permanent||Rank|
|32SW2||70||66||12||93||70||Gun Emporium Forging|
|44Rem Rev||70||66||18||93||67||Gun Emporium Forging|
|American Eagle||78||64||11||85||66||Limited Edition|
|Anaconda Black||70||65||12||90||70||550 GP||2,695 GP||10,745 GP||29,700 GP||-|
|Anaconda Black 8-Inch||70||65||12||93||66||825 GP||4,000 GP||16,100 GP||44,550 GP||-|
|Anaconda Gold||45||65||24||93||70||-||-||1,900 NX||3,900 NX||-||None|
|Anaconda Silver||70||65||12||90||70||-||-||1,900 NX||3,900 NX||-||None|
|Anaconda Silver 8-Inch||76||65||12||93||66||Supply Crate MYST-N|
|Beretta 93R||32||60||45||90||54||-||-||1,900 NX||3,900 NX||9,900 NX||None|
|C1851N||64||66||20||93||68||Gun Emporium Forging|
|C1860N||64||66||15||93||65||Gun Emporium Forging|
|Desert Eagle||70||61||11||85||66||650 GP||3,185 GP||21,675 GP||35,100 GP||-|
|Desert Eagle Black||78||65||11||85||66||975 GP||4,800 GP||19,000 GP||52,650 GP||-|
|Desert Eagle Gold||80||65||11||85||66||Supply Crate MYST-N|
|Desert Eagle SE||78||64||11||85||66||-||-||1,900 NX||3,900 NX||9,900 NX||None|
|G18||33||60||45||90||60||900 GP||4,410 GP||17,550 GP||48,600 GP||-|
|G18 Cobra||35||58||43||90||56||-||-||1,900 NX||3,900 NX||-||None|
|G23||33||60||45||90||56||300 GP||1,470 GP||5,850 GP||16,200 GP||-|
|G23 Carbon Black||34||61||45||90||56||600 GP||2,940 GP||11,700 GP||32,400 GP||-|
|G23 Chrome||35||62||45||90||56||Supply Crate MYST-N|
|G23 SE||33||60||45||90||56||400 GP||1,960 GP||7,800 GP||21,600 GP||-|
|K5||30||60||48||90||59||350 GP||1,715 GP||6,825 GP||18,900 GP||-||None|
|K5 CAMO||34||62||48||90||59||525 GP||2,575 GP||10,240 GP||28,350 GP||-|
|K5SD||30||60||48||90||56||-||-||1,900 NX||3,900 NX||-||None|
|K5SD CAMO||34||62||48||90||56||Supply Crate MYST-N|
|M1849 Pocket Revolver||66||67||20||93||66||Gun Emporium Forging|
|M1911 Knight's||45||65||35||90||65||-||-||1,900 NX||3,900 NX||-||None|
|M1911 Knight's Gold||50||65||35||90||65||Supply Crate MYST-N|
|M1911 MEU||45||65||35||90||65||450 GP||2,205 GP||8,775 GP||24,300 GP||-|
|M1911 Silver||45||65||35||90||65||675 GP||3,300 GP||13,200 GP||36,450 GP||-|
|M92F SE||28||55||42||90||59||200 GP||980 GP||3,900 GP||10,800 GP||-|
|M92FS (Variants)||28||55||42||90||59||Default Weapon|
|M92FS Gold||32||55||42||90||53||Supply Crate MYST-N|
|M92FS Silver||31||55||42||90||56||300 GP||1,470 GP||5,850 GP||16,200 GP||-|
|P226||33||60||45||90||56||-||-||1,900 NX||3,900 NX||-||None|
|P226 Silver||33||60||45||90||56||-||-||1,900 NX||3,900 NX||-||None|
|P99||36||68||38||90||71||400 GP||1,960 GP||7,800 GP||21,600 GP||-||Clan level 4|
|70||65||12||90||65||1,000 GP||4,900 GP||19,500 GP||54,000 GP||-||First Lieutenant/I|
|USP||38||65||37||90||70||300 GP||1,470 GP||5,850 GP||16,200 GP||-|
|USP SE||38||65||37||90||65||-||-||1,900 NX||3,900 NX||-||None|
|USP Tactical||38||65||37||90||70||450 GP||2,205 GP||8,775 GP||24,300 GP||-|
|USP Tactical SE||40||65||37||90||65||Supply Crate MYST-N|
| • Anaconda Black • Anaconda Black 8-Inch • Anaconda Gold • Anaconda Silver * • Anaconda Silver 8-Inch ‡ |
• Beretta 93R * • Desert Eagle • Desert Eagle Black • Desert Eagle Gold ‡ • Desert Eagle SE * • American Eagle *
• G18 • G23 • G23 Carbon Black • G23 Chrome ‡ • G23 SE
• K5 • K5 CAMO • K5SD * • K5SD CAMO ‡
• M1911 Knight's * • M1911 Knight's Gold ‡ • M1911 MEU • M1911 Silver
• M92F SE • M92FS • M92FS Gold ‡ • M92FS Silver • P226 * • P226 Silver * • P99
• USP • USP SE * • USP Tactical • USP Tactical SE ‡
C1851N Pistol • 44Rem Rev • M1849 Pocket Revolver
|* - NX Standard, ‡ - NX Rare|