Gun Emporium Forging
|“||Part of the WWII replica series. This classic semi-auto rifle uses 8-round magazines, a huge improvement over bolt-action rifles of the era and helped solidify this rifle's place in history.||”|
|— The Arsenal|
The M1 Garand (officially designated as United States Rifle, Caliber .30, M1 and later simply Rifle, Caliber .30) was the first semi-automatic rifle to be issued to the United States infantry, the first in the world being the Fusil Automatique Modèle 1917.
Classified as an Assault Rifle in game, this weapon features the highest damage rating in its category. While this gun suffers from a handicap of an 8 round clip with no capacity for extended magazines, it has a quick reload speed, extremely good spread recovery and a very high magazine count, making it deadly in proficient hands.
The M1 Garand is forged using an M14 and 7 Replica Pallets.
- In reality, the M14 is considered the successor to the M1 Garand, while in Combat Arms, it is necessary to purchase an M14 in order for it to be converted into a Garand.
- The reload animation for the M1 Garand includes ejecting the clip and inserting a fresh one. Against popular belief, this can be done at any given time, although in reality, to manually remove the en bloc clip, one would first have to pull back the operating rod and depress a clip latch button.
- The M1 Garand is currently the first and only weapon in the game to use clips, not magazines.
- There is a distinctive 'pinging' sound when a clip is ejected and reloaded, although this may not be heard during most situations, it is important to note this when stealth is of the essence.
- The M1 Garand has the highest damage rating out of any Assault Rifle in the game.
- This rifle comes with 14 magazines in reserve. Most Assault Rifles carry 3.